January 16, 2021 | News | No Comments
Following Sunday’s Royal Rumble and Monday’s episode of WWE RAW, the planned card for WrestleMania 27 is starting to take shape. Here’s a look at what the card is looking like:
* WWE Champion The Miz defending vs. John Cena
* World Heavyweight champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge
* The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett
* Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
* Nexus vs. The Corre in a 6-man tag match
* Triple H vs. Sheamus
Jerry Lawler is also scheduled to wrestle at WrestleMania, likely as a culmination of his feud with Michael Cole. Alex Riley has been discussed as a possible opponent for The King.
In the case of Taker vs. Barrett, if Taker can’t work a singles match there is a backup plan of Kane and Taker vs. the four members of The Corre. No word where this would leave Nexus but it might not happen as Taker is telling everyone he will be ready to go.
As far as celebrities for the big show, WWE is still trying to get Justin Beiber involved, which explains Alberto Del Rio’s reference to him on RAW.
* THE ROCK Reveals His Plans To Return To WWE (Direct Link)
(Partial Source: f4wonline.com)